Saturday 3 December 2011

Goldilocks - revisited

Today I wanted to repost the poem I wrote a year ago.  It is one of my most popular posts especially liked by those who knew Andrew and his brothers well.

Andrew was the middle brother and I would joke he had classic "middle child syndrome" - whatever that really means!

He liked being the centre of attention getting praise for his wit and repartee or to be somewhere in the background hiding, out of the way.

What Andrew really hated was being "average".  I don't think he realised just how far from average and ordinary he was.  He was perfect for me and to quote my own poem "how I wish he could have stayed...."



Goldilocks and the Three Brothers

Big brother - a bit too thin
Little brother  - a bit too fat
Middle brother was just right
You can't argue with that fact!

Big brother hides in the background
Little brother stands up proud
Middle brother went his own way
never following the crowd

Big brother gets so stressed
Little brother seems so laid back
Middle brother held my hand
as we walked along the track

Big brother likes perfection
Little brother says "that will do"
Middle brother whispered softly
"Do you know how much I love you?"

Big brother is always working
Little brother loves to play
Middle brother loved us deeply
How I wish he could have stayed...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah,
    Thanks for your comments on my blog...the magazine thing was quite unusual I have to say-seemed a littlr odd to be doing it....anyway, we were wondering about keeping in touch with you as our journeys have been so similar in many ways. If you doing that, you coule email us on craig_ellie_wedding@yahoo.com, and I will send you our phone number and our normal email addresses etc (I don't like to post stuff like that on an open site!). If you don't want to that's fine too...no worries...we can just keep commenting on blogs every once ina while!
    Take care and God bless,
    Craig and Ellie
    x
    PS: Really like your poem...it's good and it's sad at the same time.

    ReplyDelete